[mdk-re] mandrake-russian without... Russian

HB trying to survive under Linux =?iso-8859-1?q?npecca_=CE=C1_yahoo=2Ecom?=
Чт Авг 16 17:10:02 MSD 2001

<noise>
It's incredible if you can read this. It means I managed to set up *properly* both SMTP server and e-mail client under Linux. Which is just unbelievable.
</noise>

While installing Mnd-re, I chose kind of "Russian (capslock)" keyboard. It didn't work, CAPSLOCK switched between qwerty and QWERTY. Being a good boy, I read the corresponding part of the `manual' (60 pages brochure from the box with 4 CDs). It was very comprehensive and interesting, all it says on the matter is:
``keyboarddrake - Pol'zujas' etoj utilitoj, Vy smozhete ukazat' kakaja kombinatsija klavish budet pereklyuchat' jazyk na vashej klaviature.''
As you can see, it explained everything. So, I ran keyboarddrake, made sure "Russian, Capslock" is selected and pressed OK.
Is it necessary to mention it did not work either?
Finally, after several reboots I noticed (by chance!) this message during initialization:
"cannot open file ru_cplk"
Then I looked into the log file and found this:

Aug 15 20:09:18 hb scanlogd: scanlogd startup succeeded
Aug 15 20:09:18 hb loadkeys: findkeymap: No such file or directory
Aug 15 20:09:18 hb loadkeys: cannot open file ru_cplk
Aug 15 20:09:18 hb keytable: Loading keymap: ru_cplk failed
Aug 15 20:09:18 hb loadkeys: Loading /usr/lib/kbd/keymaps/include/compose.latin1.inc.gz
Aug 15 20:09:18 hb keytable: Loading compose keys: compose.latin1.inc succeeded
Aug 15 20:09:18 hb loadkeys: Loading /usr/lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/include/delete.inc.gz
Aug 15 20:09:18 hb keytable: The BackSpace key sends: ^? loading delete.inc succeeded

So, what should I do?

Yes, I could have read lots of HOWTOs and manuals, and not to have asked about it here. But don't you think it veryveryvery stupid and wrong -- reading HOWTOs just to be able to use Russian in Russian Edition Linux?

Please reply in translit or English. Thanks

--
HB
``All mail clients suck.  This one just sucks less.'' -me, circa 1995