[mdk-re] Apt-get

Alexander Bokovoy =?iso-8859-1?q?ab_=CE=C1_avilink=2Enet?=
Пт Апр 20 20:43:13 MSD 2001

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 08:10:43PM +0400, Michael Bykov wrote:

> Apt-get killed all russification - there is no Russian menu in
> Gnome, no possibility to type Russian letters. I can not see
> Russian in letters. And so on.
>
> What would be the best method of restoring the system now?
>
> (It killed networking also but I restore it OK by hand). It
> killed all my users and me also. It replaled passwd with
> passwd.OLD can you imagine?
>
> Great thing but Apt-killer would be better to name it.
What relation of apt-get itself to this process? It's better to say
that system update you've did caused it. But apt-get itself is
no way connected with it.

--
Sincerely yours, Alexander Bokovoy
  The Midgard Project    | ALT  Linux  Team | Minsk Linux Users Group