[Comm-en] Workstation and Rescue

Michael Shigorin mike at altlinux.org
Thu Jun 21 12:30:27 MSK 2018

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 10:57:14AM +0300, Jozsef K wrote:
> >the build technology [I'm guilty of] behind them is the same.
> >http://en.altlinux.org/download
> >http://altlinux.org/mkimage-profiles (in Russian)
> That mkimage-profiles would be perfect, but I don't know how to
> use it. I guess with that I could take the Rescue ISO and add
> exfat-utils and fuse-exfat to it and create a new ISO.

It's not that hard, one can have a look using builder starterkit
within a virtual machine (or temporarily rebooted hardware)...
regular-rescue is described in conf.d/regular.mk file,
and a simple "make regular-rescue.iso" should be enough
after adding what one needs to RESCUE_PACKAGES variable.

I've build an image for you with basically the attached patch
(it's slightly more involved regarding the particular place
I chose -- this is to help reuse) and Linux 4.17.0 from a test
task #208675 (see http://webery.altlinux.org), have a look:
http://nightly.altlinux.org/sisyphus/alpha/regular-rescue-20180621-x86_64.iso

PS: exfat-utils were there since 2013 (commit b3e3234c).

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
  ------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info