[Comm-en] Latest distro with integrated LTSP?

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Wed Aug 1 19:00:13 MSK 2012

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 10:26:22AM -0400, JD Hupp wrote:
> What is the latest stable release with integrated LTSP?
> (I have 4.0 Terminal but that seems dated now.)

There's 5.1 based version but xorg upstream drivers for
older video hardware have degraded considerably; so *if*
you're basically OK with 4.0's software (probably firefox
might need to be installed in /opt, it's very much trouble
to build a recent version that would actually use distro's
libraries of that age to considerable extent), then 4.0 is
actually recommended.

If curious, here are the experimental snapshots based on
icewm and newer build technology (ltsp-icewm-*.iso):
http://ftp.linux.kiev.ua/pub/Linux/ALT/people/mike/iso/mkimage-profiles/

I can also build e.g. TDE based image but from quick tests
it looks like the "ancient" videodrivers continued to gather
regressions ever since the move to KMS.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>