[Comm-en] ALT Server 4.0 - Preventing Root Log-ins

Virtual Sky Solutions virtualsky.sk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 17:34:01 UTC 2010

One of the reasons I asked about denying root access is to help further
secure the web configurator on my ALT 4.0.

Now, I'm not an expert on Apache or other such things - I just know enough
to work my way around basic configurations.  However, thinking about it some
more, would I be correct in saying:  I could help prevent unwanted hacking
of my server by changing the web configurator access port, from 8080 to
another unused port?

David.