[Comm-en] ALT servers down?

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Mon Mar 2 10:17:52 MSK 2009

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 04:53:57AM +0200, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> > Are the ALT Linux repository servers down or something?  I
> > haven't been able to access them (system updates, etc) for
> > about a week now.  The ones I've been trying access include:
> > http://ftp.altlinux.org/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/
> > ftp://ftp.altlinux.org/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/

You can use mirrors by now (I'd recommend heanet):
http://www.altlinux.com/en/go/download/

See also /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ for corresponding sources.list
snippets.

> There is a maintenance due to broken hard drives...

And these have broken after troubles at ISP facility.
Am I wrong or did ktirf@ post an announcement here already?

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>