[Comm-en] Sisyphus multi-language

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Tue Jul 7 18:58:13 MSD 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 12:20:54AM +0400, Alexey Rusakov wrote:
> Actually, the main trouble with localization now is
> http://sisyphus.ru that is strictly bound to Russian.

It's not -- there are hooks for translations in the engine
but there's apparently quite some need for web development
to employ it (and probably fix along the way).  I don't know
if anyone volunteers, and so far didn't manage to either help
someone do that or do by myself.

> That's what Fernando talks about.  Concerning installations -
> I know it rather well that the most difficult place to localize
> is the bootloader, but in general the localization is more or
> less ok. Of course the work's not finished.

Bootloader-related stuff was reworked a bit somewhere closer to
5.0 in mkimage-profiles-desktop but I don't clearly remember
whether it was *actually* fixed.  Have that on my TODO though
(for a year or so, cough).

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>