[Comm-en] ALT Server 4.0 - Setting up a webserver

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Tue Feb 24 14:02:21 MSK 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 08:26:27PM -0600, Virtual Sky Solutions wrote:
> The version I installed was ALT Server 4.0.

In fact, Server 4.0 is decent toolbox (to me) thanks to nicely
integrated OpenVZ -- for webservers too -- but I think it's
better not to treat this particular task as appliance with ALS4.0.

If you're solving (or considering) something, maybe try to
describe that; if it's rather an evaluation, well, I think
that this distro can be successfully used for web hosting
(and I do use it exclusively) but it's "apt-get; vim".

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>