[Comm-en] ALT Server 4.0 - Setting up a webserver

Virtual Sky Solutions virtualsky.sk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 04:31:56 MSK 2009

I've just done a test install of ALT Linux 4.0 and I have a couple questions.  Hopefully someone in this mailing list can give
me some advice.

I've successfully done a default install and have been learning my way around the HTTP interface.  Now I want to set-up a
webpage server, but I haven't been able to identify where, in the ALT Server HTTP interface, to do this.

So, what I've done is a manual apt-get install of lighttpd and ran it via the command line.  Everything seems to work fine,
however, I would like to know if there was something I could have done via the HTTP interface to do this (even if it were
Apache and not Lighttpd).  Command line is fine, but if there was a more user friendly option I would have used it.

Any recommendations?  Is there somewhere in the HTTP system interface that I missed?

David.