[Comm-en] Configuring wireless on eeePC with ALT 4.1 Desktop

Virtual Sky Solutions virtualsky.sk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 20:55:40 MSK 2009

I have been trying to get ALT Desktop 4.1 working with my eeePC's WiFi, but I cannot seem to get it to work.

I've tried installin different kernel modules, but no matter what I try, ALT does not recognize that I have a wireless
ethernet adapter.

Other than this minor annoyance, ALT 4.1 runs very nicely and I'm happy to be using this Linux distribution once again.

Are there any instructions someone could give me that explains how I can get WiFi working on my eeePC 701 after a
default install of ALT Linux 4.1 Desktop?

Thanks!
David.