[Comm-en] Download Center

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Sun Aug 9 23:14:11 MSD 2009

On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 09:59:29PM +0400, Alexey Rusakov wrote:
> > Having separate areas for different flavours might be helpful:
> > e.g. one looking for Server would hardly mix it up with Desktop.
> What about Terminal Server, where one's going to find it? :)

So far in far far directory on an ftp server in nearby galaxy,
or sort of. :)

> > The categories clearly standing out to me are:
> > - flavour
> > - version
> > - platform
> > - [beta]
> Beta versions in a separate area may be fine. Concerning other
> categories - I'd like to have more or less everything on one
> page (regardless of versions).

I think that getting "latest stable" handy and a link to archive,
beta and unofficial builds might be better.

BTW releases.altlinux.org (or whatever) might be better than
trying to chase down an iso on ftp, too.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>