[Comm-en] OpenSSH problems with X11 forwarding

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Sat Apr 25 23:48:55 MSD 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 01:02:26PM -0600, Virtual Sky Solutions wrote:
> I'm trying to get X11 remote desktop forwarding working on my
> ALT 4.1 desktop and my server.

Works for me.

> My server is using SSH and my ALT desktop is using OpenSSH.

How do you know what is used on server?  Is it commercial SSH?

> When I try to do the same thing with a PC running Mandriva
> 2008.1, everything seems to work fine no matter what
> application I try to run remotely.  The Mandriva box uses SSH.

Again, how do you know? (ssh -v might suffice)

> When I connect to my server, I use the command "ssh -Y username at ipaddress"

Correct, -Y is the current way to get all of X11 through
(including untrusted bits).

> Any ideas what is causing this problem and how I can fix it?

I'd try ssh -vv -Y username at ipaddress first.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>