[Comm-en] Multiple versions USB installer

Alex Negulescu a at wdu.ro
Mon Apr 20 21:37:05 MSD 2009

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to have an usb stick that helds
different versions of ALTLinux and to have a boot menu to install one of
them.
It kind of works for me with the following:

title ALTLinux Desktop 4.1 Installation
find --set-root /syslinux/alt0/vmlinuz
kernel /syslinux/alt0/vmlinuz automatic=method:disk,uuid:743C-59D0
ramdisk_size=65536 stagename=altinst splash=silent showopts
initrd /syslinux/alt0/full.cz

title ALTLinux Sisyphus Installation
find --set-root /syslinux/alt1/vmlinuz
kernel /syslinux/alt1/vmlinuz automatic=method:disk,uuid:743C-59D0
ramdisk_size=65536 stagename=sisyphus splash=silent showopts
initrd /syslinux/alt1/full.cz

The single issue is that I can't automatically pass the place the files
are (installers look always for /ALTLinux).
Is there a way to pass the path to the installer ?
eg:
- keep the files for desktop 4.1 in /altdsk
- keep the files for basesystem Sisyphus in /altsis

Thanks a lot,
Alex