[Comm-en] Why has ALT Linux been so quiet?

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Thu Jun 19 15:37:14 MSD 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 08:34:18PM -0600, djbouley wrote:
> Is it just me, or has the ALT support team been overly quiet?

Not "just you".

> I've noticed that we're in the middle of June and no security
> updates have been added to the site.

Umm... you mean security-announce at altlinux.ru and/or updates
section on FTP?

The site tracks development branch, and updates should be picked
up by APT just out-of-box.

> Is it just because there has been security issues in over a
> month?

Concerning Junior -- seems like none.

> Or is there another reason why the ALT team hasn't been
> updating the security archives?

Well to some extent there is "openbsd-effect" of "this was fixed
half a year ago during audit" -- say man-1.5k package contains 10
alt-patches and doesn't use root privileges for years.

But I'd myself like to clarify the whole situation.  So Cc:.

> Technical support for ALT still exists, doesn't it?

Yep, as far as I know. :-)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>