[Comm-en] ALT for scientist (personal)

vadim at mail.cytspb.rssi.ru vadim at mail.cytspb.rssi.ru
Mon Feb 17 20:33:59 MSK 2003

> > What is needed  for example for a biologist - special distro
> Huh?  Did you say "ALT Linux Junior"? :)

No way. You still cannot give it to a common exUSSR scientist, who
knows only MS apps.

Please look at:
http://forum.nomicrosoft.ru/pbb/viewtopic.php?t=142
And please, excuse me the style I used there. ALT is the most user-
friendly Linux I have seen so far, but it is still NOT ENOUGH user
friendly.
I am one of the best programmers of our Insititute, and one of the most
advanced computer users in the Institute - and what can I  say about
common people? Who blindly use MS Outlook even after they got a virus
with it?? And being warned  ???

A Linux newbie,
Vadim Alexeenko, Institute of Cytology RAS