[Comm-en] Localhost 631 and 10000

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Sat Apr 5 18:09:21 MSD 2003

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 06:59:31PM -0600, djbouley wrote:
> Any idea why I cannot get Admin. access to CUPS through http://localhost:631?

Umm...  I believe it has to be in "administration mode" (running
as root) to be configurable,and normally runs as user to print.

Do:
service cups admrestart
[configure it via web]
service cups restart
[should be printing]

> Also, any idea if ALT Linux Junior will be able to use WEBMIN
> (localhost:10000) any time soon?  Is there an alternative that
> I'm not aware of?

Workgin on it, but webmin does some things in a bit rude manner
(directchanging of sensitive data instead of using normal APIs
like PAM), so for now it's not included :(

Working on it.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>