[sisyphus] New udev broken?

Alex Negulescu alecs на altlinux.org
Пн Апр 12 22:36:18 UTC 2010

On 04/13/2010 01:18 AM, Alexei V. Mezin wrote:
> На всякий случай: имею ту же самую проблему.
>
> mkinitrd:
> http://photos.streamphoto.ru/7/d/6/w400_75e1b3723bd1971790bcf5af0c54c6d7.jpg?1271110700
>
> make-initrd:
> http://photos.streamphoto.ru/9/f/c/w400_38425e3745baa49d2f00f71ffbeeccf9.jpg?1271110650

Hi,

your megaraid is detected by another driver i presume. Try with:

blacklist ide-pci-generic
blacklist piix
blacklist ide-core
blacklist ata_generic
blacklist ata_piix

If you can compare the initrds (the working one and the failing one):

zcat /boot/initrd.working |cpio -t |fgrep .ko

zcat /boot/initrd.not-working |cpio -t |fgrep .ko

Try blacklisting the modules that are not needed but loaded in the
not-working initrd, and after that issue
installkernel

and reboot.

I am now doing something similar on my desktop... God help me, and help
you too :)

Alex