[Comm-en] Getting BEEP to sound through PulseAudio

TheGrove admin at thegrove.in.nf
Sat Mar 23 19:56:33 MSK 2024

I'm at a loss on how to get the system BEEP (PCSPKR) to sound via
PulseAudio/ALSA on my recent ALT-10.2 install on my ASUS EeeBox.  To
note, the EeeBox does not have a speaker on the motherboard.

Strangely enough, my January install of ALT-Sisyphus-Regular has BEEP
running just fine by default on the EeeBox.  But, I've tried everything
I could think of to get it working on ALT-10, but can't seem to get it
to sound.

I've tried commenting out the blacklist pcspkr in the modprobe
configuration, I've tried a few other remedies I've found on
troubleshooting forums to load the proper modules in PulseAudio to no
avail.  Like:

pactl upload-sample /usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/bell.oga
bell-window-system
pactl load-module module-x11-bell display=$DISPLAY

But nothing seems to be working.  Anyone here have any suggestions as to
what I may be missing?