[Comm-en] Recover missing boot option in GRUB after upgrade

TheGrove admin at thegrove.in.nf
Mon Jan 29 08:11:35 MSK 2024

Today I upgraded my p9 install to p10 via the command line (apt-repo set
p10 && apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade).  Everything performed
well and the upgrade completed successfully.  However, when I rebooted,
GRUB only displayed my p10 install (on /dev/sda1) but I lost my install
of Sisyphus (on /dev/sda5), which I recently installed to test the
'oldinst' option using image regular-lxqt-latest-x86_64.iso.

Although my main objective was to upgrade to p10, I would still like to
experiment with Sisyphus from time to time.  Is there an easy way for me
to recover the option in GRUB to boot into Sisyphus on /dev/sda5?

David.

--

---------- E-mail Encryption ----------
To send secure e-mails, you can find our PGP public key block here:

As of Feb-2024 all of our emails will be digitally "signed".  If you receive
an email that does not have our digital signature attached, there's a good
chance that it's not authentic and from us.