[Comm-en] ALJ Review follow-up

Aleksey Smirnov smi at altlinux.ru
Wed Apr 9 12:56:53 MSD 2003

djbouley wrote:

>Thanks for the comments regarding my review of ALT Linux.  I appreciate the
>response and have made a few notations in regards to it.
>
>I just wanted to spread the word about Junior, since I enjoy using myself.  I
>thought others would benefit from its use, too.
>
>Although the installation was slower, using the old 1x CD-R drive, I had no
>difficulties with it.  Junior installed just fine with the outdated hardware.
>
>I've had one person e-mail me yesterday inquiring about how they could
>purchase a copy of Master.  Since I didn't know where I could find an answer
>for them, I thought I'd ask here.  I'm assuming the person is in North
>America.  Could anyone give me details about this, which I could pass along
>to them?

We do not have good solution now.
In fact we are looking for partners to distribute and/or publish ALT
Linux distributions outside of Russia.
Now manuals for Master and Junior are in Russian. We are ready to
prepare English translation for Junior manual in a short time, while
translating manuals for Master is a more difficult task.

Best,
Aleksey Smirnov
ALT Linux